Whether it's for a CNET-surfing father-in-law or a Luddite brother with an ancient flip phone, a shiny new gizmo is sure to please. The season's must-have: Garmin's Nuviphone G60 ($299 with contract; garmin.com; see item 1 in photo), a dashboard-and-trail-ready GPS that doubles as a cell phone to cut your device needs in half. Our other faves? Samsung's Reclaim smartphone ($49 with contract; samsung.com), which is made from plant-based biodegradable plastics and features a QWERTY keyboard; VHoldR's ContourHD1080p ($330; vholdr.com), the first lightweight helmet cam to shoot in true hi-def; and Nikon's 12.1-megapixel S1000pj point-and-shoot, with its built-in projector for slide shows right on the tent wall ($430; nikonusa.com).
2. One nice blade, like Shun's Classic Ultimate Utility Knife, beats a dozen so-so ones. $125; shuncutlery.com
3. TAG Heuer's 43mm Aquaracer Automatic will still be ticking for your great-grandchildren. $1,800; tagheuer.com
4. What crying baby? Bose's new QuietComfort 15 noise-canceling 'phones boast the richest sound yet. $300; bose.com
5. We don't know your boss, but we bet he'd enjoy some smoky, peppery Knob Creek bourbon. $30; knobcreek.com
6. We prefer Filson's 100 percent wool Mackinaw Cruiser to a preppy peacoat. $280; filson.com
7. Marmot's leather-palmed Spring Gloves are perfect for sunny days skiing and chilly nights out. $60; marmot.com