- Black Diamond Lighthouse Tent ($369; www.blackdiamondequipment.com):
This tough tent comfortably sleeps two, yet weighs a mere three pounds 12 ounces. It does so by combining a single-wall design with feathery Epic fabric for excellent water-repellency and windproofing. Big mesh doors circulate plenty of air in good weather.
- Adventure Medical Ultralight .9 First-Aid Kit ($32; www.adventuremedicalkits.com):
Face it, accidents happen. So be prepared with the Ultralight .9, packed with enough supplies for a group of four in a miniscule nine-ounce package—so light even the most weight-conscious packer won't hesitate to carry it.
- Garmin Foretrex 201 ($182; www.garmin.com):
Give the gift of navigation with the Foretrex 201, a rechargeable personal GPS system that straps onto a wrist while offering a high-contrast screen, storage for 500 waypoints, and accuracy down to three meters.
- Olympus C-7000 Zoom Camera ($600; www.olympusamerica.com):
With its powerful 5x optical zoom and seven-megapixel resolution, the C-7000 packs a load of photo features into a tough aluminum body. It'll delight any outdoorsy digiphile on your gift list.
- Jetboil Stove ($80; www.jetboil.com):
The Jetboil integrates the stove with the cookpot for light weight and lightning-quick heating. It's the perfect trail companion for the solo hiker, and is so fuel-efficient they'll never hesitate to tarry awhile and brew up a second cuppa.
- Mountain Hardwear Tenacity Lite Jacket ($375; www.mountainhardwear.com):
The Tenacity Lite is ideal for the all-mountain adventurer, with a waterproof-breathable Gore-Tex XCR shell and high-design details such as a rollup laminated hood, pit zips, and a cut that's meant to move.
Need a Gear Fix?
Open email. Get latest gear. Repeat.