- Stage 9: Unheralded Colombian Juan Mauricio Soler soloed to victory in the third and final stage of the Alps, a vicious 99-mile run over the Category 1 Col du Telegraphe and the two beyond-category climbs of the Col de l'Iseran and the Col du Galibier.
- Stage 9:The main animators of the day were Discovery Channel riders Yaraslov Popovych (pictured) and Alberto Contador, who broke free on the slopes of the Galibier and got to within a minute of Soler on the descent.
- Stage 9: Discovery Channels' Alberto Contador, who broke free on the slopes of the Galibier.
- Stage 9: Denis Menchov, David Arroyo and Alberto Contador make their way up the Col d'Iseran
- Stage 10: Stage 10: The peloton on the move from Tallard to Marseille.
- Stage 10: Michael Rasmussen held on to the yellow jersey and the lead.
- Stage 10: Frenchman Cédric Vasseur sprinted out of the remnants of an 11-man break to take the win in Marseille, ahead of countryman Sandy Casar.
- Stage 10: Riders make their way to Sisteron.
- Stage 11: Robbie Hunter leads a sprint for the finish line.
- Stage 11: South African sprinter Robbie Hunter gave the wildcard Barloworld team a second stage win in the Tour de France.
- Stage 11: Tom Boonen held on to the green jersey despite not being in the final.
- Start over
Escape your daily grind with Outside’s best getaways.