- Bright grew up skiing with her parents in New South Wales' Snowy Mountains.
- Since turning pro in 2000, at age 14, she's won a steady stream of competitions, including the X Games superpipe in 2007 and 2009.
- She served as her native Australia's flag bearer during the opening ceremony at the Olympics, and, despite suffering two concussions during mid-season practice sessions, came home with a gold medal in the halfpipe.
- Bright now calls Salt Lake City, Utah, home, in part because she can take advantage of the Northern Hemisphere's bigger snowfalls.
- "I still love to compete, but I didn't get a single powder day in last year."
- "When I'm done with snowboarding, I want to be known as a great rider, not just a halfpipe competitor."
- Start over