Dress for SuccessBefore we dive into the gear, let's cover the dos and don'ts of race-day gear.
DON'T: Wear cotton. It rips easily and gets waterlogged.
DO: Opt for form-fitting synthetic materials like Under Armour's HeatGear compression shirts and shorts (from $25).
DON'T:Wear shoes with Gore-Tex. They keep water out, but they also keep it in.
DO: Run in minimalist trail shoes with aggressive tread and a low profile, like Inov-8's X-Talon 190s. ($120)
DON'T: Race with your glasses or a hat on or your keys in your pocket. You will lose them in the muck.
DO: Use gloves like Mad Grip Pro Palm ($10) to protect your hands and enhance your grip. Cut off the fingertips for quicker drainage.
- Under Armour Charged Cotton Storm Transit Full Zip hoodie. ($65)
- Petzl Vector 11mm static rope. ($175)
- Patagonia Merino 3 Midweight crew. ($115)
- Hyperwear SandBell free weights ($8).
- New Balance Momentum shorts ($25).
- Start over
Need a Gear Fix?
Open email. Get latest gear. Repeat.