- Tough Mudder events are 10- to 12-mile obstacle course challenges that test all-around strength, stamina and mental grit.
- More than half-a-million people have participated worldwide and raised more than $3 million for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- On average, only 78 percent of participants complete a Tough Mudder challenge.
- Participants leap off a platform in the Walk the Plank obstacle.
- Racers crawl under live wires in the Electric Eel obstacle in Toronto.
- Crawling through the dirt in Kiss of Mud.
- Wetting down the course.
- A team poses during Tough Mudder Toronto.
- Climbing the Spider's Web.
- Competitor Nicole Bahn.
- Getting a haircut.
- Jason Capiello, Tomas Molfino, Lucas Rooney, and Anson Felder rock the schoolboy punk look.
- Read more about Tough Mudder and the other top obstacle courses in the November issue of Outside.
- Start over
Vote for America's Best Town! →
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.