- In late 2008, Stephen Gelb set out to photograph the inhabitants of Alta, Utah, a small ski town.
- Gelb's goal was to describe the people and aura of a small ski resort.
- Over the last four years, Gelb shot 200 portraits.
- Each portrait is shot using natural light, large format film cameras and white paper backdrop on the deck of the Wildcat Ticket Office.
- On the 75th season of skiing at Alta, Gelb is looking to collect his portraits into a book with a run of 2,000 copies.
- With the cost of the books at $10,000, Gelb is looking to raise $5,000 through a Kickstarter campaign.
- Kate and Tamara.
- Farmer Dave.
- Little Gregg.
- Ben and Binx.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.