- The Epping Hardware and Implement Co. stands alone in downtown Epping, North Dakota.
- After walking 26 miles the previous day due to a lack of wind, the crew takes off early for the wheat fields.
- Portraits of the 2XtM (To Cross The Moon) crew: Sam Salwei, Jason Magness, and Paul Cassedy.
- Jason Magness guides his kite across dormant wheat fields.
- Ellis Smith of Thrillhead Creations conducts an interview with Paul Cassedy for an upcoming documentary about the expedition.
- With the wind at a lull Paul Cassedy, Sam Salwei, and Jason Magness walk the rural roads.
- Sam Salwei descends to the Missouri River at dusk.
- Chelsea Gerlach was part of an accompanying team that educated locals about wind energy and conducted snowkiting clinics.
- The 2XtM crew stayed true to much of the Lewis and Clark trail through North Dakota.
- The Missouri River remained frozen up to four feet thick throughout the journey, unlike the previous winter when warm temps ended the trip early.
- Sam Salwei exits the Missouri River over scoured snow to camp after a long day.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.