- Jimmy Chin and Dave Hahn settle into their tent at Camp IV (26,000ft).
- Rob and Kit DesLauriers prepare food and gear at Camp II (21,000ft) for their move up to Camp III (24,000ft).
- Dave Hahn and Kit and Rob DesLauriers climb above the Balcony with Makalu in the background.
- Clouds above Lhotse signify extreme winds above 26,000ft.
- Kit DesLauriers crosses one of the many tied ladder bridges spanning crevasses on the Western Cwm.
- A gorak looks over Base Camp.
- Kit DesLauriers climbs above Camp III on a late afternoon gear test run.
- Kit DesLauriers makes her way through the upper bench above the Khumbu Icefall.
- Everest Base Camp with the sun rising above Everest's West Ridge.
- Eight of the climbing Sherpas at Camp II during one of their rare rest days. (Clockwise: Lakpa Gelge, Danuru, Arita, Sonam, Mingma, Ang Namgay, Pasang Tenzin, Mingma Dorje.)
- A self portrait with Pumori in the background.
- Arita Sherpa carries a load through the wild crevassed landscape of the Western Cwm.
- Taking a break at the South Summit at 9:15 a.m., October18, 2006. (Left to right: Rob DesLauriers, Kit DesLauriers, and Dave Hahn.)
- Rob DesLauriers climbs through spinddrift and high winds on the Lhotse Face.
- Kit DesLauriers gets ready to "drop in" off the summit of Mount Everest (29,035ft).
- Kit DesLauriers faces fall line and carves turns down the Lhotse Face (25,000ft).
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.