- The confluence crew stops in the middle of Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia's high salt flats.
- Confluence hunter Greg Michaels snaps the barren landscape as writer McKenzie Funk looks on.
- The team makes a breakfast stop at a hotel on the salt flats.
- The Bolivian flag and the multi-colored wiphalarepresenting the country's indigenous populationflap above a collection of international flags.
- A Bolivian woman gives directions to truck drivers who use the flats as a highway.
- A cactus stands on a rocky island in the middle of the salt flats.
- A family poses for a picture after giving the crew directions to Sajama.
- Llamas in Sajama National Park.
- The crew scouts a way up the peak.
- Funk and Michaels climb the flanks of the confluence peak, Jachca Condoriri.
- Funk hikes further along Jachca Condoriri.
- Start over
What You Missed
Our most important headlines, sent to you every weekday.