- Wooden Bike Classic racers run in the streets of Butare.
- Tom Ritchey, founder of Project Rwanda, takes a break from riding through the hills.
- Lake Kivu, Rwanda.
- A young fisherman tries his luck on the shore of Lake Kivu.
- Wooden bikes are still used throughout the country to haul goods.
- A Rwandan boy walks home through tea fields.
- Team Rwanda riders Abraham Ruhumuriza, Nathan Byukusenge, and Nyandwi Uwase (left to right) on the starting line of the Wooden Bike Classic Road Race.
- School children cheer on Team Rwanda Rider Rafiki Jean De Dieu Uwimana and a Kenyan rider during the race to Butare.
- Racers wait at the starting line of the Wooden Bike Classic.
- One of the lucky winners of the Wooden Bike Classic Single Speed Race rests on his prize, a new Project Rwanda coffee bike.
- The Rwandan wooden bike.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.