- The guys I was riding with noticed that I was pretty strong and encouraged me to try racing.
- Then I met two Belgians who were in Florida for winter training.
- They invited me to come back to Europe.
- I dont think they were serious. But I showed up.
- In other European countries, its difficult to start racing unless you begin really young, because they dont have a lot of amateur races.
- In Belgium, its pretty simple.
- I cant complain. I wasnt an athlete before this. Frankly, I was living a really unhealthy lifestyle.
- I just feel lucky that I was able to go from that to this.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.