- The GoreTex TransRockies Run is a six-day team race from from Buena Vista to Beaver Creek, Colorado. There's also a three-day individual race. The 2012 edition of the point-to-point, trail-running race just wrapped up earlier this month.
- The race begins in Buena Vista, Colorado.
- Two runners—one shirtless, one not—make their way down the trail.
- A runner takes a break and tries to catch his bearings.
- Oh, hey.
- Two runners stay with each other, stride for stride.
- One of the payoffs: views like this.
- Elvis is alive! And he runs with poles!
- A group of competitors make the climb up a ridge.
- Do not look this llama in the eyes.
- A runner continues on through the mountains.
- Another day, another crowded pack at the start.
- It's over. Yay!
- A very happy and very bearded gentleman in an orange hat.
- The race is over. Take off your shoes and have a drink.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.