- Macgregor Walker plays with his food, a 25-pound king salmon, on the dock in Dillingham.
- Macgregor Walker hauls a 25-pound king salmon up the dock in Dillingham.
- Two setnetters take gunfire on the shore of the Nushagak River from a truckload of drunk locals. We were pinned down for five minutes before the bullets stopped.
- A fisherman holds a dozen salmon in Ekuk.
- Setnetters in Ekok taking time off at the cabin.
- A family portrait of an all-female, native-Alaskan setnet crew in Ekuk.
- Lindsey Bloom, drift boat captain and anti-pebble mine activist.
- Lindsey Bloom and her crew with part of the days catch of sockeye salmon.
- A setnetter in the Kvichak District holds up a bright sockeye.
- Dylan Braund (middle) and his crew of setnetters in Nushagak Point.
- Kai Raymond and his father Crocodile, with their crew aboard the Heidi Ann, fish the Ugashik district.
- Driftnet boats at the dock in Dillingham await the next opener.
- Set netters untangling sockeye on the beach in the Naknek River.
- Graffitti on the wall of a set net shack, called Ole Olsen's place, in Nushagak Point.
- Setnetters eat dinner inside Dylan Braund's main cabin at midnight after a long period of fishing.
- Start over
Escape your daily grind with Outside’s best getaways.