- I'm from Texas and unfortunately my dad didn't realize I was a girl until I was probably, you know, 20, and thought I was his hunting and fishing buddy.
- I went with him everywhere: fishing, hunting, horseback riding, etc.
- I would go skeet shooting with my father after school.
- I practiced [casting] in my front yard with my fly rod for the role. At first I hated it. But every time I cast I'm starting to like it more and more.
- I don't really have a problem touching dead fish. I'm not squeamish. I do have a phobia of insects, though. Dead fish, no problem. Butterfly, no fucking way.
- It's a challenge to focus on your lines in 50-degree water, but there's something to be said for the extra adrenaline.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.