- "My mom was a single mom and I got two brothersand two young half sisters nowbut growing up I was the youngest."
- "I think the best thing she [my mom] ever did was let us do our shit and make our mistakes. Like I was out of the house at 15 or 16 to play hockey. She was just like, 'Yeah, go, can you do it?'"
- "I got traded out of nowhere to the Fernie Ghostriders. Then I went and played pretty close to home and I hurt my knee. I'm like 'my knee's done.' I'm going to university to study nutrition and kinesiology."
- "I had the opportunity to go to New York through a fluke deal."
- "I've always loved acting and being a part of it and if you're going to study you might as well study the best. So I studied there [New York] for years."
- "I didn't have a visa, which is fucking huge because I couldn't get a regular job. I had nothing, so I ended up living in the subway for a bit and in buddy's places and all that shit scraping by."
- "There was a gap after I was done playing hockey. 'There's something that's eating me. There's something more out there.' Even a lot of my mates now, they don't react to that, or take that risk."
- "If I didn't play hockey or anything like that I wouldn't have been there either, because that's shaped so much of who I am."
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.