- A still of Granite Gorge from 1873.
- Regan Dale, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Tara Davis, and Kick Kennedy row a traditional dory.
- The Colorado River bends dramatically around Point Hansbrough in the Grand Canyon.
- The dories drift in and out of the canyon's formidable shadow.
- Anthony Yap, Bram Role, and Rita Riewerts crash through the rapids in a traditional dory.
- Water pools in the Esplanade on the North Rim.
- A rafting party stops for a beach break beneath Redwall Cavern.
- Daylight plays along the walls of the Grand Canyon.
- Glen Canyon in June 1955, before the construction of Glen Canyon Dam.
- A kayaker on the expedition enjoys riding alone on the Colorado River.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.