- Conrad Anker sorting through the rack at the base of El Capitan's Pacific Ocean Wall. Ivo Ninov getting ready to launch.
- Conrad Anker pointing out the route to Dave Hahn in El Cap Meadows.
- Jimmy Chin's shadow self-portrait. Ivo Ninov and Conrad Anker on the ledges above pitch 16.
- Jimmy Chin jugging pitch 26 with his camera gear.
- Thomas and Alex Huber climbing the Nose during their speed-record-breaking ascent.
- Conrad Anker racking up on the wall as Ivo Ninov coils the rope.
- Dave Hahn jugging lines over one of the steep roofs on the route.
- The team getting ready to bivy at the "Island in the Sky."
- Conrad Anker jumaring pitch 16.
- Phone time on the wall.
- Ivo Ninov handing gear to Conrad Anker for his next lead off of the Continental Shelf during stormy conditions.
- Conrad Anker leading pitch 17.
- Conrad Anker belaying Ivo Ninov and contemplating our last haul.
- Conrad Anker scoping the topo during a bivy on the Continental Shelf.
- Ivo Ninov cleaning the gear from pitch 18.
- Ivo Ninov handing off climbing gear to Jimmy Chin.
- Ivo Ninov leading out on traverse 2,500 feet above the valley floor.
- Conrad Anker leading the Pacific Crest pitch.
- The team on top. Jimmy Chin, Ivo Ninov, Conrad Anker, and Dave Hahn.
- Ivo Ninov cracking beers as the team celebrates in the parking lot after the ascent.
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.