- A happy post-op patient. Jiri.
- Close-up of post-op patient.
- One of the few younger patients, after surgery.
- Buddha Maya being carried up Lamjura Pass, on her 3-day journey to Phaplu.
- Buddha Maya on her way into village of Junbesi, where she would stay with the climbers on the last night of the trek before arriving in Phaplu.
- Chandra Maya before her surgery, speaking about how difficult her life has been. Her granddaughter accompanies her.
- Geoff Tabin examining a patient after surgery at the Jiri camp.
- An enthusiastic gentleman with restored sight celebrates after Tabin removes his eye shields. Jiri.
- Buddha Maya near the top of Lamjura pass, going by a heavily loaded porter who has stopped for a rest.
- A happy patient.
- The lovely Chandra Maya, in Phaplu, after her surgery.
- Close-up of post-op patient. Patients would see nearly perfectly by the day after their surgery.
- Two post-op gents, waiting for their bandages to come off. Jiri.
- Pre-op patient, probably trying to communicate how limited her sight is.
- Geoff Tabin with a grateful post-op patients. Jiri.
- A pre-op patient in Jiri enjoys a smoke before surgery.
- Start over
Get tips. Get stories. Get fit.
Looking for the best in fitness? We got you covered.