- The high-altitude porters were Zangrilli's ever-ready back ups on the Latok II rescue.
- Zangrilli, on the left, and other members of the Latok Rescue Team inside an MI 17.
- Zangrilli used Broad Peak to acclimate for the summit push on K2.
- K2's infamous Bottleneck at 8,000 meters.
- Low-altitude porters on the Baintha Glacier approach Latok II
- Mohammed Ali, Zangrilli's right-hand man during the rescue on Latok and his trusted friend while on K2.
- The North Ridge of Latok.
- Loading an MI 17 in Skardu.
- The Gasherbrums and Broad Peak from the Shoulder on K2.
- Start over
Vote for America's Best Town! →
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.