- "I got into surfing when I was four. I started surfing every day when I was around nine."
- "My dad saw that I was good at surfing and pushed me to keep improving."
- "So from a pretty young age I wanted to be a professional surfer."
- "I'm not the biggest fan of contest surfing. I would rather free surf."
- "With free surfing there's just no pressure. You get to do whatever you want and have fun."
- "Contests are so much pressure. You have to snake people, make sure you don't fall, and you just get more stressed out."
- "When you free surf, you get to go to exotic, beautiful places."
- "For contest surfing, you always have to go to where they're going to draw the most crowds, and that's usually in cities."
- "I feel like I can't even surf in a bikini because there's so much attention."
- "I want to be known as a good surfer. I think it's fine if they think I'm pretty, too."
- "I'm definitely going to give it my all this year."
- "It'd be really cool to be back on the tour and give it another go, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I won't be that bummed."
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.