- "I've wanted to compete in the Olympics since I was a kid, when I didn't even know what sport I wanted to compete in."
- "The bottom line is that it looks like superpipe is going to be in the Olympics, and I'll just keep focusing on 2014."
- "There are so many sports in the Olympics that are slowlyand sadly, for the people who enjoy themwinding down. I think they need to bring in some new stuff that kids want to do."
- "Last year was just an off year. Having to go from always making the podium to barely making the finals was really disappointing."
- "I'm coming off shoulder surgery now. When I'm cleared to take hits on January 1, though, it's 110 percent."
- "I like the pressure, and I've always had a talent for dialing things in quickly."
- "I learned a backside flair [a backflip with a 180-degree rotation] the day before the X Games and then competed with it, so I'm sure I'll come up with something new."
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.