- Kick Kennedy, a senior at Stanford, has quietly built a resume fighting for water conservation.
- In 2006, she joined an Imax crew filming Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk.
- She also became an ambassador for her father Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Waterkeeper Alliance.
- In January she attempted Tanzania's 19,340-foot Kilimanjaro for the Summit on the Summit.
- Summit on the Summit was an awareness-raising trip for water issues.
- "I grew up on the watersailing, swimming, fishingbut it's only in the last four years that I've gotten involved publicly in advocacy."
- "Water is a precious resource, and we're misusing it flagrantly."
- "One billion people don't have access to clean water. I hope we can work toward strategies to fight the water crises."
- For more on Kick Kennedy and her fight for water conservation go to summitonthesummit.com
- Start over
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.