- Chile's Rio Baker runs just south of the confluence with the Rio Nef.
- Falls mark the confluence of the Rio Baker and the Rio Nef.
- Dams are proposed for both rivers.
- A man lives alone on his estancia along the Carretera Austral. The proposed power lines would cut through his land.
- Senen Rivera fears the dams will change life here, bringing more people and more construction.
- Lago General Carrera, north of Rio Baker, between Coyhaique and Cochrane.
- Haystacks sit in an open field near Coyhaique, Chile
- The river bends.
- A local man uses his animals to move large logs.
- A man lives alone in an estancia near the confluence of a small tributary and the Rio Baker.
- The Rio Baker just south of the confluence with the Rio Nef.
- The Rio Baker rushes past a small dock at dusk. World famous trout lurk beneath the turquoise waters, attracting anglers from around the world. Tourism is a major business on the Rio Baker.
- Start over
What You Missed
Our most important headlines, sent to you every Saturday.