- "The more skiing becomes a job, the less you get to ski for fun."
- "I used to feel like I had to prove myself all the time. It was kind of like 'hold my beer. Watch this.'"
- "It's always good to stomp those giant airs, but the skiing part has become underappreciated."
- "A lot of the time, just getting to the cliff is the burliest part of the line, the part that shows whether you're a legit skier."
- "When you watch somebody ski fluidly from top to bottom, that's what makes you want to go do it."
- "Most of the big lines I've skied so far have been around Jackson."
- "But there's nothing like Alaska. I've put a lot of time in up there but still haven't gotten my dream opportunity."
- "All the guys are champing to get up there. They have seniority and dictate what's going on—whether you get on a helicopter that's going to the best places."
- "I just want to keep putting my time in, so when I get the call I'm ready."
- "When women are given a chance, you'll be impressed."
- Start over
Vote for America's Best Town! →
Open a World of Adventure
Our Dispatch email delivers the stories you can’t afford to miss.