This month in Outside, Elizabeth Gilbert recounts her journey to Luang Prabang, a trip so magical she's afraid to ever return for fear of spoiling the memory. But that doesn't mean you can't take a peek inside Laos' little slice of Heaven.
Above, young monks collecting alms from devout buddhists.
- Street food in Luang Prabang.
- Le Café Ban Vat Sene on Luang Prabang's Sakkarin Road.
- A monk stands before a Tree of Life mural in Luang Prabang.
- A bridge crosses the water near Tat Kuang Si falls.
- Sakkarin Road, Luang Prabang's main drag, at dawn.
- Limestone outcrops on Nam Ou river.
- Inside the Wat Pak Khan temple.
- The Nam Khan River connects with the Mekong River near Luang Prabang.
- Start over