1. Lie on your back with legs slightly bent, feet flat on the floor.
2. Lift your right leg toward your head as far as you can while keeping the leg straight and the heel flexed. Lower and repeat with the left leg.
1. Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Roll your shoulders forward, round your back, and reach out as if you're going to hug a tree.
2. In the same motion, bring your arms slowly back to your sides.
1. Stand like a rag doll, letting your shoulders, arms, and head roll forward. Focus on fully relaxing your upper back and shoulders. Breathe deeply ten times.
|Hip Flexors (Active)
1. While standing, extend one leg in the air behind you as far as possible by contracting your glutes (not your hamstrings).
2. Keep the other leg, your torso, and head straight and upright. Switch legs and repeat.
|Hip Flexors (Passive)
1. Step into a lunge.
2. Keeping your torso and head straight and upright, straighten the rear leg and hold for 20 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.
1. Stand and lift one heel toward your rear, while stabilizing yourself on a chair.
2. Don't tip forward, and keep your standing leg, torso, and head straight and upright. Switch legs and repeat.
1. Standing upright, lift one heel toward your rear and grab your foot.
2. Pull it toward your rear and hold for 20 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Place your palms on the small of your back.
2. Push your hips forward while slowly arching backwards as far as you can.
1. Lie back on a stability ball, lace your fingers behind your head, and plant your feet on the floor.
2. Let your head and shoulders drape over the ball. Hold for ten breaths then slowly pull yourself upright.