Velocomp, creator of the iBike Dash CC Cycling Computer, has just announced the first “smart” cycling computer—iBike POWERHOUSE.
iBike POWERHOUSE works with your iPhone or iPod touch to help you reach specific fitness goals in the least amount of time possible. The computer comes with one exercise goal/program, iSlim. Other programs—Weekend Warrior, Zero to 50 Miles in 3 Weeks, Kid Fit, Healthy Heart, and Brazilian Butt—can be purchased separately for $9.99.
Let's just say for fun you bought Brazilian Butt, here's how the company says the computer will help you firm your posterior.Over four to six weeks, the device will guide through a series of 45-90 minute bike rides and instruct you to pedal at specific levels of effort. The device adjusts the level of effort based on your fitness level when you start. So, if you’ve spent more time working the remote than riding your bike in the past six months, you’ll start the program at what the device determines will be a challenging effort for you, whereas a regular rider will start the same plan at a higher level of effort. The company does not specify if at the end of the six weeks your butts will be comparable.
iBike comes with:
- A water/shock resistant iPhone/iPod touch case
- Patented electronics that perform all cycling measurements, including power, and that also let you talk on the phone or rock out to tunes while you’re riding and be motivated and being monitored
- An app that interacts with iBike’s electronics
- A wireless speed/cadence sensor.
- Universal mounting system.
Available March 2012, $269, www.ibikesports.com