• Buckles are well placed for max performance and ease of use.
• Svelte cuff design screams fast and light.
• Ergonomic walk mode.
• Compulsory tech fittings for true AT designation.
• The liners are a little junior varsity; comfy but not high scoring.
• The flex is soft compared to others in this category.
• Price is a bit high.
• Not a ton of rocker for a lug-sole touring boot.
• Wait, how do you pronounce “Skr!!m?”
The Skr!!m is a fully functioning AT boot that is best suited for chasing powder deep in the backcountry. The modest stiffness is similar to the Garmont Cosmos, with which it shares the highly lauded and comparable day-long comfort. Bottom line: the boot can do everything expected of it, but the Skr!!m didn't shine above the others in this category for either touring or skiing performance.
Read the full review at Gear Institute, a network of the best outdoor gear testers in America, dedicated to providing the most professional, objective, and helpful advice you can get about the gear you depend on.