• Best breathability in the test.
• Insulation made from recycled materials.
• Best of test for layering under a shell.
• Attractive look.
• Good performance in damp conditions.
• Not as warm as other jackets in test.
• No hood.
Though not as warm as other jackets in our test, the Rab Generator Stretch can't be beat on versatility. Sitting around camp, we were warm enough to kill a chill, but while hiking, the breathable soft shell panels along the sides kept sweat to a minimum. The good precip and wind resistance were appreciated, as was how easily it slips under a hardshell.
Read the full review at Gear Institute, a network of the best outdoor gear testers in America, dedicated to providing the most professional, objective, and helpful advice you can get about the gear you depend on.