Armada TST Skis

Oct 29, 2012
Outside Magazine

   Photo: Armada

BEST FOR: Thrashing powder.

THE TEST: Flotacious and surfy, the TST felt like a downsized powder ski. It’s effortless to squirrel around in the woods, and as Armada claims, the TST’s flat tail (there’s no camber back there) makes for a nice platform on firmer snow. The ski carves a surprisingly adequate survival turn, but it doesn’t quite lay trenches.

THE VERDICT: It’s an all-mountain ski only if you’re spending 80 percent of your time hunting soft snow and the other 20 percent jibbing around with your pals. 119/132/102/123

Overall: 4.2
Carving: 3.4
Resort Float: 4.8

More at Outside

Elsewhere on the Web