1. Start in a lunge position with your right foot back first.
2. Press back through the right heel to straighten the back leg. Lift through the knee to engage the thigh.
3. Make sure the left knee is over the ankle.
4. Bring the hands to the sides of the front foot, under the shoulders.
5. Draw in the navel and tuck the tailbone.
6. Raise the heart toward the sky without taking the hands off the ground.
7. Hold for 30 seconds before moving into Crescent Moon.
THE REASON: Low Lunge opens up your calves, quads, hamstrings, lateral thighs (IT bands) and hips.