1. Sit on the mat with your legs straight out in front of you.
2. Inhale, lifting your legs straight up.
3. Bring your arms straight out on front of you toward your legs. Draw the shoulder blades back and lift the heart.
4. Sit on the sit bones, lifting up through the inner thighs and through the crown of the head.
5. Engage the core by drawing the navel toward the spine. Hold for 15 seconds.
6. Bring the hands together at the heart.
7. Twist toward your right first, your chest, arms and gaze to the right side of your body. Hold for 15 seconds.
8. Repeat on the opposite side, holding both steps (with arms extended and the twist for 15 seconds each).
THE REASON: Twisting Navasana strengthens the abdominal muscles and obliques to maximize stability in the kayak.