1. Lie flat on the floor with your legs straight out behind you, hip-distance apart, and arms straight ahead, forehead on the floor.
2. Bend your right leg, to start, and reach back with your right arm until you are holding your right ankle.
3. In one strong, swift motion, kick up with your thighs and reach out and up with your left hand.
4. Keep kicking your right foot into your right hand and kicking up and out with your left foot, keeping your knees close together.
5. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat.
6. Do steps 1-5 on the opposite side of the body.
THE REASON: Half Dhanurasana is a core and back strengthener that will build length and alignment through the body and the limbs. Focus on lengthening through the entire side body for full effect.