Diana Nyad lands in Cuba today for her fifth attempt to swim from Cuba to Florida.
She wrote on her blog yesterday that the weather did not look favorable, but that she would persevere.
The weather forecast, seemingly perfect as of yesterday, is now turning against us somewhat. We will make final decisions once in Havana. On one hand, can't cowboy it up and go out in something truly undoable. On other hand, if not ideal and promises to be a bear of duress and rough seas, going to put my head down and press through.
Earlier this year, Nyad told us that she would "either going to die or make that swim."