The latest government organization to be connected to Russ George’s controversial iron dump? The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Organization. George used 20 ocean-monitoring buoys provided by NOAA to measure water temperature, salinity, and other characteristics for over a year.
NOAA confirmed that they did lend the buoys to George’s project, but maintain they were not told “that it was going to discharge material into the ocean.” George has come under mounting criti... Read More
A 10-year-old boy with Down syndrome was found Wednesday morning after going missing from his Hackleburg, Alabama, home on Tuesday night. Kyle Camp’s family, state troopers, and over 150 volunteers joined in the search. A volunteer who followed the family dog to a nearby creek bed eventually found the boy, along with the dog’s puppies. "I heard the dogs barking again and followed him down there and started hollering for the puppies and I hollered for him and he hollered back,&rdquo... Read More
Pro cycling outfit Team Sky has told its riders and staff that they will be required to sign an agreement saying they have never doped, threatening to fire anyone who refuses. "Given what's happened in the last couple of weeks it's important that we sit down and take this seriously," said team boss Dave Brailsford. The pledge comes just days after the United States Anti-Doping Agency released over 1,000 pages of evidence outlining their case against seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armst... Read More
A lone yachtsman lost at sea was rescued 270 miles off the coast of northern Australian after being spotted by passengers on a commercial Air Canada flight. Glen Ey, 44, was on his way home from Pittwater two weeks ago when a storm knocked down the mast on his 37-foot yacht, leaving him stranded. The Boeing 777 was nearing the end of a 14-hour journey to Australia, when the pilots were contacted by the maritime authority to help search for the missing boat. After determining they had the neces... Read More
A Connecticut family found themselves in the hospital after accidentally ingesting some deadly foraged mushrooms. Last Thursday, Shah Noor picked a handful of mushrooms from the backyard and used them to make dinner for her family. Unfortunately, it turned out that the fungi were a species known as the “destroying angel,” which can be deadly if ingested.
The entire family was in Hartford’s St. Francis Hospital the next day. A combined IV-solution treatment cured Noor, her hu... Read More