June 20-July 4, 1995
Dream Towns Debate
Your kind of town? After a cross-country quest to find the best towns in which to hang your bike helmet and your shingle, Outside correspondent Mike Steere got online to discuss his findings.
- Wish you were here? Photographs of the dream towns themselves.
- You said it: Your letters to Mike, along with his responses.
- Here we go again: Each time Mike profiles paradise, he gets an earful from the paradiseniks. But perhaps that's half the fun. Read what Mike has to say for himself.
- Dubious distinction: Idaho Falls was doing just fine, thank you very much, until it made Mike's list in "the journal of Lycra-clad-yuppified-Power-Bar-chomping America." A local columnist speaks out, yet proves Mike's very point: "We're so uncool it's hip."
- The story that started it all: It all began when Outside correspondent Mike Steere wrote up the seven most deliciously livable sports towns in the country in his "Dream Towns" story.