• Green cred: recycled nylon shell, wool interior.
• Slim, attractive fit.
• Machine washable.
• Wool insulation is warm when wet and naturally moisture wicking away from the body.
• Made in Canada, eh!.
• Fairly heavy for the category.
• Not as compressible as down or synthetic.
• Less "puffy" than other jackets tested.
The Aire ditches the bulging insulation in a your typical down sweater for a slimmer profile. But it still packs the same warmth as its down brethren and layers well under a shell and over baselayers. If you like the idea of a down puffy, but don't want to look like Pop-Eye, this is your best choice in the test.
Read the full review at Gear Institute, a network of the best outdoor gear testers in America, dedicated to providing the most professional, objective, and helpful advice you can get about the gear you depend on.