• One of the lightest four-buckle boots on the market.
• Comfy from the get-go—without even cooking liner.
• Buckles are well designed—very easy to negotiate.
• Rockered sole enhances walkability.
• Very soft for a four-buckle boot.
• Forward lean could be more aggressive.
The Garmont Cosmos is a very comfortable alpine touring boot, with welcoming fit and a forgiving on-snow feel being its primary virtues. It’s light and agile, ideal for longer backcountry days and more technical ski mountaineering objectives, though the power for this four-buckle boot leaves room for improvement.
Read the full review at Gear Institute, a network of the best outdoor gear testers in America, dedicated to providing the most professional, objective, and helpful advice you can get about the gear you depend on.