• Lots of pop and energy.
• Soft enough for tight, low-angle transitions in the trees.
• Stellar response to aggressive riders at speed.
• Playful—makes you want to spin.
• Nimble in powder, even though in small sizes.
• Chattery and bouncy on uneven snow.
• Couldn’t hold an edge on the most harrowing steeps.
• Jump turns were not an option in steep trees.
The Gnu Velvet Guru is true all-mountain board. Both beginners and experts loved its versatility: it floats in powder, responds to aggressive maneuvers at high speeds, pops like a cork, and is so light and playful, you’ll want to hit every berm you see. However, in steep terrain, riders had a hard time getting it to hold an edge.
Read the full review at Gear Institute, a network of the best outdoor gear testers in America, dedicated to providing the most professional, objective, and helpful advice you can get about the gear you depend on.