- Smiley's knit and fleece Bormio Peak ($26) is also available with a Gore-Tex lining ($32).
- Thanks to nylon frames and polycarbonate lenses, Bolle's Coach Whip sunglasses ($60) stay light and deter scratches.
- The boxed finger construction and rubber palm of Outdoor Research's Expedition Modular gloves ($120) make for a better fit and grip.
- Smith-Atrigon poles ($135) have a Z-shaped bend to reduce the wrist action needed to make a pole plant.
- K2's Four ($625) has both a deep sidecut to make your turns crisper, and a built-in bibration absorber.
- The durable Mountain Hardwear Stratus pant ($290) is reinforced at the cuffs to prevent slashing by your skis, and has full-length zippers that vent at top and bottom.
- Marker's M51 Turbo SC bindings ($390) adjust for snow conditions: set them for powder, hard snow, or ice.
- With carbon reinforcements at the cuff and sole, Tecnica's TNT Explosion 8 AVS boots ($595) powerfully transmit steering energy while still allowing normal flex.
- Marmot's Trient Gore-Tex jacket ($449) combines front pockets with air vents and has paded, reinforced shoulders.
- The Scott R 180 goggles ($70) use an expanded lens to improve peripheral vision, and an increased airflow system for better ventilation.