| Breakfasts before a morning training session:
• Non- or low-fat yogurt with diced apple and slivered almonds; one slice of toast with Nutella spread.
• Any bran cereal with sliced peaches or sliced banana and skim or soy milk; half a grapefruit.
• Whole black beans, cheddar cheese, brown rice, and sunflower seeds on corn tortillas
• Veggie pocket: combine sliced red and green peppers, sweet corn, peas, plain non-fat yogurt, pepper and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Stuff a pita pocket with the mixture.
Dinners for the nocturnal sweaters:
• Meat-filled ravioli with tomato sauce (vegetarian option: butternut squash ravioli with pesto sauce); modified Waldorf salad—greens with sliced apple and walnuts..
• Grilled chicken apple sausage; tomato soup; fruit salad of sliced pears, apples, plums, grapefruit and grapes.
Breakfasts for the early birds who have already been up and out:
• Cornflakes with raisins, skim or soy milk; wedge of honeydew melon
• Waffles topped with diced pineapple; glass of orange juice
Lunches for the exercised:
• Lean ham sandwich on a Kaiser roll, French fries, handful of jelly beans
• Black bean soup and corn chips, orange soda, fruit leather
• Potato gnocchi tossed with butter and sage; roasted beet salad—slice beets and put in oven for 40 minutes, toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a little feta cheese. Handful of GORP (dates, raisins, chocolate chips, peanuts, and almonds)
• Chicken marbella—bake chicken breasts with prunes, brown sugar and white wine; serve with couscous. Angel-food cake.