TIME: 20 minutes
PER SERVING: Energy 104 cal, Fat 6g, Sodium 137 g, Carbs 6g, Fiber 1g, Protein 6g, Water 67%
2 cups zucchini sliced into little “matchsticks”
1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped small
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups cubed day-old bread, tightly packed
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 teaspoon garlic salt
dash of salt and pepper
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a nonstick sauté pan, heat enough olive oil to coat bottom evenly. Over medium heat, sauté the zucchini and spinach until the zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and drain any excess oil.
3) In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the bread and remaining ingredients. Fold in zucchini and spinach.
4) Lightly grease a muffin tin and fill six of the forms ¾ full. Bake 15 minutes or until centers are firm.
5) Let cool to the touch before wrapping. Store extras in the refrigerator.
Subscribe to Outside
Save 66% and get All-Access: Print + iPad