1. GT's ingenious i-Drive isolates the drivetrain from the suspension to keep the distance between the cranks and the rear wheel constant. This eliminates the annoying chain "kick" that plagues many suspension setups.
2. The aluminum frame provides a rigid and necessary counterbalance to the cushy suspension. The rear triangle holds up under aggressive turns and hard, side-to-side cranking.
3. Wildly popular Crank Brothers Eggbeater pedals top off a great components mixincluding a Shimano XT drivetrain that's precise enough for racing yet burly enough to spare you a lot of expensive visits to your mechanic.
4. Four inches of travel adjust on a dime with Fox's 3.5-pound F100R fork. Laterally stiff and sensitive as you want it to be, the front suspension improves handling in all situations.
5. Fox's new Float RP3 rear shock really shines. By flipping a small lever, you can adjust pedaling efficiency as conditions dictatemore for climbs, less for dropswithout losing any big-hit reserves.