Justin's Nut Butter
Justin Gold founded Justin’s in Boulder, Colorado, in 2004. Justin started in his home kitchen with a simple food processor and high quality raw ingredients. Justin loaded 16-ounce jars for friends and family and sold them to local natural food stores.
The originator of the peanut butter squeeze pack, Justin’s makes small batches of its eight delicious nut butter flavors with a proprietary grinding process that Gold himself says guarantees optimum flavor and best consistency. All flavors are made with the highest quality nuts, and most healthful ingredients found as locally and sustainably as possible. All eight of Justin’s flavors come in squeeze packs, including choices for the peanut intolerant: chocolate hazelnut, maple almond; vanilla almond, chocolate almond and more.
Available now, $0.99-$1.29, justins.com.
Vermont Peanut Butter
Vermont Peanut Butter (VPB) only sells its 16-ounce jars of Green Mountain-roasted goodness in that sliver of land wedged between New Hampshire and New York. But the company is going national with its new squeeze its packs. Green Mountain Goodness (almond and peanut butter with pumpkin and flax seeds), Good Karma (peanut butter with dark chocolate), Bee Nut Butter (ground peanuts sweetened with Vermont honey) and Almond Butter will be hitting shelves this June in stores nationwide.
The tear-top 1.15-ounce packs, each with 10 grams of protein for muscle recovery, are designed for eating on the go. VPB uses two varieties of peanuts in its blend, each roasted to a different darkness, and all natural ingredients—no sugar, trans fats, hydrogenation, palm oils, gluten, or preservatives. Its flavored peanut butters have added whey protein.
VPB peanut butter and almond butter are made in small batches, ground, filled, capped and shipped from Morrisville, Vermont. “Our ingredients are simple to read, good for your body, yummy on the palate and settling to your soul,” said Chris Kaiser, founder and president.
Jeremy Jones agrees. Vermont Peanut Butter just signed him as an athlete.
Available June 2013, $1.25-$1.50, vtpeanutbutter.com.
Variety is the spice of life, right? NuttZo thinks so. It combines legumes (peanuts) with nuts and seeds for a blended butter that has six to seven grams of complete protein and 50% of your daily requirement of Omega 3 per serving, while tasting like a treat.
NuttZo uses nuts and seeds that have loads of health benefits:
- Flax seed improves digestion, helps stabilize blood glucose levels, fights tumor formation, and enhances cardiovascular health.
- Hazelnut reduces blood clotting, boosts cardiovascular health, lowers the risk of UTI and birth defects. Cashew strengthens digestion, improves flexibility, and helps dump harmful oxidized cholesterol.
- Brazil nut fights infection, boosts male fertility, aids strength-building, and supports liver function and tissue repair. Almond is high in protein and antioxidants.
- Sunflower seed provides building blocks for muscle repair, fiber, and lowers cholesterol.
- Chia seed is high in Omega 3s, keeps joints healthy, boosts immune system and regulates sugar. And pumpkin seed has fat, protein, fiber, and essential nutrients.
Get them all in NuttZo Creamy Original, Chocolate and Peanut-free Squeeze packs.
Available August 2013, $1.65-$1.95, gonuttzo.com.