Digital Ad Operations Manager
Outside is looking for a Digital Ad Operations Manager in our Boulder, Colorado, office. The Manager is responsible for the successful execution of all online display, native, video and podcast advertising campaigns for Outside’s digital properties.
- Oversee all pre- and post-sales operations, including trafficking, campaign optimization, third party ad systems, client reporting, scheduling, and reporting
- Manage ad trafficking vendor
- Own all digital ad reporting, including oversight of all monthly ad billing
- Manage site and ad operations metrics, including inventory and traffic forecasting, sell through rates, viewability, ad performance, native buys
- Approve all insertion orders to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal policies
- Lead on all ad analytics and ad tech
- Drive new ad product development in conjunction with Digital Sales and Site operations
- Act as liaison with content team on inventory management
- Act as liaison with development team for all ad implementation
- 3+ years of Ad Operations experience, preferably within an entertainment/media company
- Expertise in Google Ad Manager, DFA, MOAT, Google Analytics, and third-party tracking systems
- Thorough understanding of online advertising industry trends & players
- Mastery of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job is based in Boulder, Colorado. No telecommuting; only candidates that can work at our Boulder office will be considered. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com and reference the job title in your subject line.
Outside offers a paid, six-month editorial fellowship at our offices in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are now considering applications for the next cycle, which starts on January 6, 2020.
As an editorial fellow, you will work closely with top editors and reporters at an award-winning magazine on everything from quick-turnaround stories to longform features. Your duties will predominantly comprise fact-checking and other research tasks, but fellows also have the opportunity to write for the magazine and website.
An ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, knows the magazine well, and has some post-college professional experience working at a newspaper, magazine, or website. Outside is unable to provide work visas for those applying from outside of the United States. We also are rarely able to consider applicants who are still in college or just graduated.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three relevant writing samples to research editor Luke Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
Outside is independently owned by Outside Integrated Media, LLC. The magazine and website cover adventure sports, travel, fitness, health, nutrition, gear, science, and the environment. Every month, through well-crafted writing, reporting, service journalism, photography, and design, we inspire these readers and provide them with the tools they need to fulfill their dreams. Our headquarters are located in beautiful downtown Santa Fe (population 70,000, elevation 7,000 feet), within walking distance of numerous cafés and shops and in view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which offer numerous opportunities for running, road and mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding, climbing, and hiking. We enjoy 300-plus sunny days a year.