Digital Campaign Coordinator
Are you eager to get your foot in the door of the digital marketing world? Outside is seeking the right candidate for an entry-level role to fill out our rapidly growing digital ad operations team in Boulder, Colorado. This critical position works daily on the central goal of assisting our digital team in meeting and exceeding the digital campaign sales goals of Outside’s clients. Daily tasks will include gathering all necessary campaign components, completing internal and client reports, building insertion orders, and entering information into spreadsheets and online templates.
- Learn the basics of digital campaign/advertising activation and campaign performance.
- Assist the team with digital campaign execution and ensure the timely launch of custom editorial products, including but not limited to native and editorial sponsorships.
- Coordinate with clients and the marketing team to collect digital assets.
- Ensure all products launch in a timely manner before the digital campaign is complete.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Ad Operations Director to complete and compile all custom and display reporting into any client-requested analytics templates.
- Meet and exceed client expectations by providing the highest level of customer service and developing strategies to resolve possible issues.
- Advocate for client needs and issues across multiple departments.
- Learn and develop a strong understanding of Outside’s digital product offerings.
Skills and Experience
- Able to manage own workflow while coordinating with internal teams on schedules, campaign requirements, goals, and assignments as needed.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to foster relationships as necessary; flexible, patient, courteous, professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including organization, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of change, and innovation.
- Comfort and confidence in answering and/or resolving client inquiries.
- High level of energy, with ability to cope with workload peaks, multitasking and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong level of computer literacy required, with proficiency on Mac systems strongly preferred.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and Google Docs.
- Experience with Google Analytics & Ad Manager preferred.
- Familiarity with current social media platforms from a business and marketing perspective is preferred, though this is not a social media position.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a Digital Marketing or similar degree preferred.
- Prior experience in marketing, advertising or sales is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in digital marketing and/or direct client contact is highly preferred.
This full-time job is located in Outside’s office in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Please send your resumé and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com and include the job title in your email subject line. This is not a telecommuting position; only candidates that can work at our Boulder office will be considered.
Outside offers a paid, six-month editorial fellowship at our offices in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The next cycle starts in June 2019; we will be considering applications in late spring.
As an editorial fellow, you will work closely with top editors and reporters at an award-winning magazine, with duties including fact-checking, reporting, research, and proofreading. From time to time, fellows also have the opportunity to write for the magazine and website.
An ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, knows the magazine well, and has some professional experience working at a newspaper, magazine, or website. Outside is unable to provide work visas for those applying from outside of the United States.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three relevant writing samples to research editor Luke Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside is independently owned by Mariah Media Network, LLC. The magazine and website cover adventure sports, travel, fitness, health, nutrition, gear, science, and the environment. Every month, through well-crafted writing, reporting, service journalism, photography, and design, we inspire these readers and provide them with the tools they need to fulfill their dreams. Our headquarters are located in beautiful downtown Santa Fe (population 70,000, elevation 7,000 feet), within walking distance of numerous cafés and shops and in view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which offer numerous opportunities for running, road and mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding, climbing, and hiking. We enjoy 300-plus sunny days a year.