Outside is looking to add a member to its Santa Fe-based marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator must be a tireless ambassador for Outside’s storytelling as well as an unrelenting taskmaster and a Type-A organizer. Sound like you? Then read on to join our team:
- Hold the keys to the master calendar and enforce deadlines. We need someone who’s not afraid to project-manage all the stakeholders—between associate publishers, marketing staff, brands, and agencies—to make sure we never blow a deadline.
- Help come up with creative, cross-platform marketing solutions, plans, and integrated branded content programs quickly. In order to keep up with the high-volume of RFPs we receive, we need to turn around compelling and concise proposals, many of which are idea-based and involve branded content and/or custom partnerships.
- Create, manage, and track all social promotions and related assets. This includes all native content as well as other marketing initiatives, including image selection, writing copy, and coordinating with social media editors.
- Be the giveaways guru. Manage all aspects of the contests and sweepstakes we execute in partnership with clients.
- Oversee the creation and coordination of all marketing-related eblasts and newsletters.
- Track the progress and success for every client. You see every campaign from its inception to its wrap-up, where you’ll give the client, the marketing team, and the associate publisher summaries of how it all went.
- Assist with coordination of all event-related activations and partnerships.
- Help create case studies, campaign recaps, and all other marketing materials.
- 2 years marketing or journalism experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs; familiarity with Facebook Insights and other social media analysis tools and platforms a bonus.
- No telecommuting: this position is based in our headquarters in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- An editorial background and/or good sense for what makes a good story.
- Familiarity and passion for the outdoor landscape, including news, brands, trends, influencers, and athletes
- Eager to learn and accept new challenges, working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Enthusiasm, personality, a passion for teamwork, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving capability.
- An overarching ability to get sh*t done.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Sam Moulton at email@example.com with your name and “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Outside is seeking a full-time senior editor for the website to work from the Santa Fe office. We’re looking for an editor with great news judgment, an eye for what’s blowing up on social media, a drive to help reporters aggressively cover Adventure news, and the ability to move copy cleanly and quickly. The editor will handle breaking news, run the Adventure channel, and assist the executive editor and articles editor with top editing.
- Run the Adventure channel
- Own breaking news
- Edit the Adventure columns
- Top edit stories across the site
- Occasionally edit features for the site and magazine
- Edit packages for the site and magazine when needed
- 2-4 years of editing experience
- Obsession with the conversations happening on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Emotional intelligence and a collaborative, team spirit
- Willingness to work hard, often at unusual hours
- An understanding of outdoor news
- Desire to try out new story formats
- Strong news judgment
If you're interested, please email your resume to Scott Rosenfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside is accepting applications for a paid, six-month editorial fellowship at our offices in Santa Fe. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, and hires are typically made in early autumn and early spring.
As an editorial fellow, you'll work closely with top editors and reporters at an award-winning magazine, with duties including fact-checking, reporting, research, and proofreading. From time to time, fellows also have the opportunity to write for the magazine and website.
An ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, knows the magazine well, and has some professional experience working at a newspaper, magazine, or website. A degree in journalism is a plus, but is not required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three relevant writing samples to:
Associate Editor, Outside
400 Market Street Santa Fe, NM 87501
Outside is independently owned by Mariah Media Network, LLC. The magazine and website cover adventure sports, travel, fitness, health, nutrition, gear, science, and the environment. Every month, through well-crafted writing, reporting, service journalism, photography, and design, we inspire these readers and provide them with the tools they need to fulfill their dreams. Our headquarters are located in beautiful downtown Santa Fe (pop. 70,000, elevation 7,000 feet), within walking distance of numerous cafés and shops, and in view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which offer numerous opportunities for running, road and mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding, climbing, and hiking. We enjoy 300-plus sunny days a year.