Outside has an immediate need for a Building Manager at our beautiful Santa Fe headquarters. This critical position is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds.
Regular duties include completing basic maintenance, coordinating service with electrical or HVAC contractors, keeping the building grounds clean and attractive, clearing snow from sidewalks, ordering firewood, scheduling life safety inspections, and maintaining the backstock of Outside magazine issues. Other duties include covering the receptionist's lunch break (phones, greeting guests, and shipping packages).
This full-time job is located at Outside's office in the Santa Fe Railyard. Please send your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that can work at the office will be considered.
Outside is seeking an editorial assistant to join our gear team, which covers the wide world of outdoor gear with expertise, skepticism, and humor. The gear EA will write and fact-check for the website, magazine, and biannual print Buyer’s Guides. This is a six-month contract position based in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Pitch and write articles for the Gear Channel. These include: service stories, product reviews, and sales coverage;
- Fact-check gear copy for the Buyer's Guides and magazine;
- Write for our Gear Fix and Deal Fix newsletters;
- Contribute to our gear-focused social media pages;
- Join the weekly gear story meeting to pitch ideas;
- Contribute enthusiastically to our mission of entertaining and informing all outdoor-gear junkies.
- Passion for journalism and outdoor gear;
- Great organization skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once;
- Collaborative, team spirit;
- Strong writing skills and ability to turn around clean copy on tight deadlines.
No phone calls, please. If you're interested, email your cover letter and resume to Jeremy Rellosa, email@example.com by September 6.
IMPORTANT: This job is based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. No telecommuting.
Digital Ad Operations Manager
Outside is looking for a Digital Ad Operations Manager in our Boulder, Colorado, office. The Manager is responsible for the successful execution of all online display, native, video and podcast advertising campaigns for Outside’s digital properties.
- Oversee all pre- and post-sales operations, including trafficking, campaign optimization, third party ad systems, client reporting, scheduling, and reporting
- Manage ad trafficking vendor
- Own all digital ad reporting, including oversight of all monthly ad billing
- Manage site and ad operations metrics, including inventory and traffic forecasting, sell through rates, viewability, ad performance, native buys
- Approve all insertion orders to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal policies
- Lead on all ad analytics and ad tech
- Drive new ad product development in conjunction with Digital Sales and Site operations
- Act as liaison with content team on inventory management
- Act as liaison with development team for all ad implementation
- 3+ years of Ad Operations experience, preferably within an entertainment/media company
- Expertise in Google Ad Manager, DFA, MOAT, Google Analytics, and third-party tracking systems
- Thorough understanding of online advertising industry trends & players
- Mastery of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job is based in Boulder, Colorado. No telecommuting; only candidates that can work at our Boulder office will be considered. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in your subject line.
Outside offers a paid, six-month editorial fellowship at our offices in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are now considering applications for the next cycle, which starts on October 14th.
As an editorial fellow, you will work closely with top editors and reporters at an award-winning magazine, with duties including fact-checking, reporting, research, and proofreading. From time to time, fellows also have the opportunity to write for the magazine and website.
An ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, knows the magazine well, and has some post-college professional experience working at a newspaper, magazine, or website. Outsideis unable to provide work visas for those applying from outside of the United States. We also are rarely able to consider applicants who are still in college or just graduated.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three relevant writing samples to research editor Luke Whelan at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
Outside is independently owned by Outside Integrated Media, LLC. The magazine and website cover adventure sports, travel, fitness, health, nutrition, gear, science, and the environment. Every month, through well-crafted writing, reporting, service journalism, photography, and design, we inspire these readers and provide them with the tools they need to fulfill their dreams. Our headquarters are located in beautiful downtown Santa Fe (population 70,000, elevation 7,000 feet), within walking distance of numerous cafés and shops and in view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which offer numerous opportunities for running, road and mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding, climbing, and hiking. We enjoy 300-plus sunny days a year.