We are seeking the right candidate for our Email Strategist role to fill out our rapidly growing audience development team. This technical position is responsible for the overall management of Outside’s email campaigns, including maintaining the email database, managing engagement strategies, and finding ways to improve our reach and effectiveness.
- Day-to-day management of Outside’s marketing, sales, circulation/house and editorial emails, including maintenance of best practices.
- Work with stakeholders on planning and development of new email launches, including: template creation, list growth, list segmentation, A/B testing and quality control, and back-end analysis.
- Maintain email database and query lists based on specific segmentation criteria, including managing various integrations and API’s.
- Manage and optimize email welcome workflows and all automated series.
- Generate new email leads through sweepstakes partnerships, house ads and on-site placements, paid advertising, and other creative avenues.
- Maintain reporting of all email activities. Analyze, compile and disseminate monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Proficiency on Mac systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with Campaign Monitor a plus.
- Basic HTML knowledge is required.
- Must have a solid understanding of email marketing and segmentation, deployment, and analysis.
- Must possess strong project management and organizational skills.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, including organization, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of change, and innovation.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure with sometimes limited supervision.
- A background in lead generation is highly preferred.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required, and a four year college degree in a related field such as digital marketing is strongly preferred.
This job is based in our Santa Fe, New Mexico headquarters. Please send your resume and cover letter to Jenny Earnest at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in your email subject line.
- Help lead our Travel efforts in the front of the magazine and online;
- Conceive of, assign, and edit stories and regular columns for print and digital;
- Pitch ideas for print and digital;
- Manage and grow our stable of travel writers;
- Monitor online travel traffic and hit monthly online traffic goals;
- Stoke an obsession with the adventure travel world.
This job is based in our Santa Fe, New Mexico headquarters; no remote candidates. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Outside offers a paid, six-month editorial fellowship at our offices in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are currently considering applications for a fellow position starting in June 2019. Applications are due May 10 **Note that we extended the deadline one week**.
As an editorial fellow, you will work closely with top editors and reporters at an award-winning magazine, with duties including fact-checking, reporting, research, and proofreading. From time to time, fellows also have the opportunity to write for the magazine and website.
An ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors, knows the magazine well, and has some post-college professional experience working at a newspaper, magazine, or website. Outside is unable to provide work visas for those applying from outside of the United States. We also are rarely able to consider applicants who are still in college or just graduated.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three relevant writing samples to research editor Luke Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside is independently owned by Mariah Media Network, LLC. The magazine and website cover adventure sports, travel, fitness, health, nutrition, gear, science, and the environment. Every month, through well-crafted writing, reporting, service journalism, photography, and design, we inspire these readers and provide them with the tools they need to fulfill their dreams. Our headquarters are located in beautiful downtown Santa Fe (population 70,000, elevation 7,000 feet), within walking distance of numerous cafés and shops and in view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which offer numerous opportunities for running, road and mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding, climbing, and hiking. We enjoy 300-plus sunny days a year.