Mirna Valerio let us in on her bomb chili recipe. Here’s how to make it.
- 1 pound of organic grass-fed beef
- Large onion, diced
- 1 to 2 bell peppers, sliced and diced
- Olive oil
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomato puree
- Black pepper
- 1 can organic black beans
- Chili powder
- Cup of white rice
- Green onions
- New York and Vermont cheeses
Brown beef in a medium skillet and drain. In a large pot, saute veggies in olive oil, then add hand-smashed plum tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes, Ro-Tel, a dash of black pepper, and let simmer for five minutes. Drain black beans and add them to the mix with a couple dashes of salt. Add cooked ground beef and a generous amount of chili powder, and let simmer for 20 minutes or so. Steam rice, and chop the green onions and cilantro. Serve the chili atop rice with the green onion, cilantro, and cheese. Enjoy!