Parties, Premieres, and Powder—Lots of It
On January 17, Hollywood hotshots and thousands of movie fans will invade the Wasatch Front for 11 days of movies and partying at the Sundance Film Festival. Get your cinematic thrills, then ditch the glitz and experience the real star: Park City’s adventure playground.
For exclusive access to all of our fitness, gear, adventure, and travel stories, plus discounts on trips, events, and gear, sign up for Outside+ today.
1) EAT grilled buffalo ribs and jalapeño-cheese toast at the Spur Bar and Grill, offering one of the only late-night, après-film menus in town. thespurbarandgrill.com
2) DANCE under the stars and snowflakes at the week’s biggest outdoor jam, Music on Main, 6–9:30 p.m. on January 24. sundance.org/festival
3) SIP a red-salt-rimmed margarita at the Celsius Lounge, where Justin Timberlake and friends celebrated the 2007 premiere of Black Snake Moan. myspace.com/celsiuslounge
4) RACE celebs (like Private Practice‘s Kate Walsh) January 19–20 in the fourth annual Picabo’s Ski Challenge, a benefit for child-abuse victims held at Park City Mountain Resort. picaboskichallenge.org
5) SKI the best of the backcountry on the Ski Utah Interconnect Adventure Tour: Deer Valley, Park City, Solitude, Alta, Brighton, and Snowbird all in one day. $195; skiutah.com
6) WATCH the year’s top adrenaline flicks—from directors like Taylor Steele—at the X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival, January 18–23 at Utah Olympic Park. free; x-dance.com
7) SURF simulated waves on the Flowrider, skydive in a 170-mph wind tunnel, or climb the 55-foot iRock wall at the new Salomon Center, in Ogden, an hour northwest of Park City. salomoncenter.com