Outside Business Journal Wins Multiple Folio Eddie Awards
We’re pleased to announce several recognitions of OBJ and its contributors at this year’s Folio Awards
Outside's long reads email newsletter features our strongest writing, most ambitious reporting, and award-winning storytelling about the outdoors. Sign up today.
Outside Business Journal is proud to announce wins in two categories and a further four honorable mentions at this year’s Folio Awards, the annual series of honors for excellence in the publishing industry.
The awards, judged by an independent panel of media executives, considers all publications and websites—including nonprofit, B2B, regional, consumer, and content marketing publications—as eligible for recognition in dozens of categories.
This year, OBJ won in two categories and received honorable mentions in four others:
- Winner for Full Issue B2B Hobbyist/Enthusiast: Winter 2021 Issue
- Winner for Investigative Journalism (B2B): “The Shady World of Pro Deals” by Elisabeth Kwak-Hefferan
- Honorable Mention for Analysis: “Waking up: Will the Outdoor Industry Ever Get DEI Right?” by Glenn Nelson
- Honorable Mention for Advertorial/Sponsored Content (B2B): “Her Voice,” a partnership between LifeStraw and Outside Business Journal that examines gender bias in the outdoor industry
- Honorable Mention for Essays and Criticism (B2B): “Goliath’s reckoning: Has REI grown too large?” by Marc Peruzzi
- Honorable Mention for Planned or On Location Coverage (B2B): “Outdoor Retailer Online: What went right, what didn’t, and what we’ve learned so far” by Andrew Weaver
OBJ has won numerous Folio Eddie Awards in years past, including five last year.