Here come longer days and better weather. Make the most of the multisport season with the hottest new gear.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
(1) LAYER Can’t decide between the warmth of a puffy jacket and the low weight of a vest? MontBell’s 800-fill Ultra Light Down Half Sleeve is the perfect compromise. 6 oz, $120; montbell.com
Cross Training Gear
(2) SWIM Lose the post-pool eye circles with Barracuda’s Wire Triton goggles; their soft silicone-based frames don’t leave marks. $22; skylinenw.com
(3) SECURE Prevent boat theft with Stick Protection Technology’s Lockable Tie Downs, which have both locks and knifeproof stainless-steel straps. 8 ft, $75; 13 ft, $85; seatosummit.com
(4) CAST Cloudveil’s Crystal Creek Wading Pants, with a trim cut and removable suspenders, fit and feel better than traditional waders. $365; cloudveilfishing.com
(5) SCHLEP Stay cool with Gregory’s Z22 daypack. Its curved frame allows air to circulate against your backwithout compromising support. $99; gregorypacks.com
(6) GLOW Reflective graphics on SweetskinZ’s Scorch tires shine brightly in a car’s headlights. 26 in, $40; sweetskinz.com
(7) PEDAL Shimano’s heat-moldable SH-R300 road shoes literally conform to your feet. $350; shimano.com